Soroptimist membership connects women to each other, to their local communities and to the world community. Together, Soroptimists focus on issues such as domestic violence, poverty, lack of adequate child care, sexual harassment, inequities in the workplace, and other challenges unique to today’s women.
Soroptimist membership provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Service opportunities in the community, region, country and world leading to personal satisfaction and recognition from the community.
- Friendships locally and world-wide: Cultivating relationships with other women who have similar interests and values is a central aspect of Soroptimist membership.
- Networking: Associating with other women representing a variety of professions facilitates valuable business contacts.
- Personal growth/Leadership: Developing skills at the club level results in enhanced professional capabilities as well as leadership opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Diversity: Opportunities to meet and learn about women from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and participating in projects that address the needs of women throughout the globe, contributes to world peace and understanding.
- Opportunities to attend professional meetings at local, region, national and international levels.